Corporate Social Responsibility Report (CSR)
What we are doing to make a difference
We introduce our clients to the concept of investing money in a way that can create a world in which we all prosper. Hansen’s Advisory Services, Inc. (HAS) has about eighty percent of client assets in sustainable investments. We have special expertise in socially responsible investing. Many of our clients are very involved in their communities and work toward making our world more peaceful. We provide retirement plans for non-profit organizations and their employees. We have no strict account minimums and gladly serve all those with a desire to reach their financial goals.
HAS has been part of the social justice movement since our founding in 1987. Started by a school teacher, the HAS team is personally and professionally committed to social, environmental, and economic justice.
HAS is woman owned and women operated.
- Each of our advisors owns their own book of business.
- Every employee has a voice in making decisions.
In our Fayetteville office, electricity costs are covered ten months of the year by our roof-top solar panels.
- We heat with clean burning natural gas.
- We have programmable thermostat and use it.
- We have evaluated our building’s energy efficiencies and acted on those recommendations.
- We are avid recyclers, and are “Blue Ribbon” certified recyclers by OCRRA (Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency). In a paper-full industry we do our best to reduce and reuse paper. We print double sided when we can. We reuse single sided paper by printing on the other side. We are in the process of being paperless, and consistently reduce our paper use more each year.
- We are a Green America Gold Certified Business.
- Our website is solar powered.
- We use a re-chargeable battery-powered lawn mower.
- We use electric hedge trimmers and an electric weedeater.
- Three team memmbers drive hybrid cars.
- All of our cleaning products are eco-friendly.
- We buy 100% recycled content office paper
- Most of our light bulbs are compact fluorescent and all replacement bulbs are now compact florescent. We also have complete LED lighting in two rooms.
- We source our design, printing, and advertising to local firms.
- All of our catered events are sourced to local providers and serve fresh, local, and organic food.
- All of the art in our office is from a local artist and for sale.
- We display marketing materials from other local businesses in our office that fit clients’ interests.
- We are available to present seminars on SRI (Socially Responsible Investing) and planning for non-traditional couples.
- We publish three newsletters per year for clients covering SRI topics.
- Syracuse Peace Council
- Social Investment Forum
- First Affirmative Financial Network
- SAGE Upstate
- Pride Planners
- Syracuse First
- Financial Planning Association
- Syracuse Peace Council
- SAGE Upstate, an organization Serving Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Central New Yorkers as they age.
- Syracuse Community Choir
- Gay and Lesbian Chorus
- WCNY – PBS
- WRVO – NPR
- ACTS (Alliance of Communities Transforming Syracuse)
- Central New York Pride
- Interfaith Works of Central New York – Community Wide Dialogue to End Racism
- NYCLU – New York Civil Liberties Union
- Matilda Joslyn Gage Foundation