The UN Sustainable Development Goals
Hansen’s Advisory Services works towards being a partner in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Their list of 17 goals is a blueprint that we use to help run our business. These are the ways we are using our business to meet their goals:
- No Poverty – We are active in local community projects that address equal pay and education needed for employment.
- No Hunger – We teach money management through financial planning sessions and speaker events. We support investments that preserve rain forests.
- Good Health – We promote healthy choices by interjecting ideas in financial planning conversations.
- Quality Education – We offer workshops in financial education.
- Gender Equality – Our investments are screened to consider this issue.
- Clean Water & Sanitation – We invest in water infrastructure companies.
- Renewable Energy – Solar panels are installed on our office building roof. Team members drive plug-in hybrid cars.
- Good Jobs & Economic Growth – We provide benefits for full-time employees and share profits with all employees.
- Industry, Innovations, & Infrastructure – We ascertain the presence of responsible policies in our investments and our supply chain within the scope of these goals.
- Reduced Inequalities –We look for team members representing various cultures. We consider companies for investment that have equality as a goal.
- Sustainable Cities & Communities – We sponsor many nonprofit companies helping to sustain our local communities.
- Responsible Consumption – We address budgeting and spending priorities in our financial planning meetings with individuals or groups.
- Climate Action – We encourage learning and educate others to practice a lifestyle of doing no harm to our environment.
- Life Below Water – We strive to invest in companies that manage their refuse and manufacturing in a way that protects our streams, lakes, and oceans.
- Life on Land – Investments are chosen for their treatment of the land and the air we breathe.
- Peace & Justice – We support peace and justice organizations in our community.
- Partnership & the Goals – We partner with other businesses to further these goals.
To find out how your business can align with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, visit their website: https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/